Student Loan in the Philippines
Life for a student in the Philippines is quite tough. There comes a time when you need money to buy materials for your project, books, or other things that the university may require, especially if you are taking courses that require a lot of expenses, such as BS Nursing or if you’re taking a Masters or Doctorate Degree.
One of the problems in the Philippine education system is the inaccessibility of higher education to children from socio-economically disadvantaged families. As a result, many students do not complete their education or do not enroll at all because there is no money to do so.(1)
Filipino students at universities, especially state universities or scholarships, may need money from time to time. If their parents are not in a financial position to provide them with money, the only solution for a student is a loan, which he or she can avail via student loan online. While this can lead to student debt, it is still not as big debt as what other students in Western countries incur.
Loans for education are great, including those where you can refinance student loans. They help you get by and pay for things you need for your education. Before you decide where to get a loan, you have to shop around and look for the best student loan programs. List down their interest rates, loan terms, and ask how much you can loan.
Can I Take a Student Loan at Robocash?
Currently, Robocash is not granting student loans. However, there is a workaround to this. If you are a student and you are 21 years of age with a job, you can apply for a loan. But how?
With Robocash, anybody who meets the conditions can apply for a loan. While it has no student loan cash program, it still welcomes students who are in need of money. To be able to apply for a Robocash loan, you need the meet the following conditions:
1. You must be a Filipino citizen – the company will ask you for proof of this;
2. You must be 21 years old – you need to submit an identification that will prove this, like SSS ID or your birth certificate;
3. In addition, you should have a permanent job and a stable income. You may have a part-time job as a freelancer or call center employee, even as a student.
Also, Robocash requires that you have a working mobile phone that is not blocked from calling. To get it started, you have to register an account on the Robocash website. Once you have completed this, the next step is to submit your requirements, which we will be telling you later.
Advantages of a Student Loan
Why should you avail of a student loan? Here are the advantages of a student loan:
- Convenience – you do not have to wait in the bank or financial institution; all you need to do is to submit your documents.
- Easy cash – you can avail of a loan without having to provide collateral. As a student, it is very likely that you have no properties that you can use as a guarantee for your loan.
- Easy payment – student loans have lesser interests; you will not be burdened with high interest rates.
- Fast approval – you can get approved for a student loan in as short as 24 hours.
As you can see, it is better to apply for a student loan in the Philippines than to get it somewhere else. It is difficult to get approved for a loan by a bank. Your best option is to look for an online company like Robocash to get a quick loan.
What is so bad about student loans?
As with any loan, the student loan must be repaid on time. Failure to do so will result in a debt that will prevent you from future loans. When graduates who are looking for their first job after graduation are already in debt, the economy is adversely affected. Despite their qualifications, graduates often have to accept low-paid and low-skilled jobs just to start paying their loan bills right away. As a result, graduates with debts often miss out on the benefits of their degree.
You can avoid this if you keep the loan on time and repay it on time.
Who is the best for student loans?
So, what documents should you submit? Below are the requirements of a student loan, regardless if you are applying for a loan at a bank or an online company like Robocash.
1. Valid ID – the ID you have to present must be a government-issued ID. While you can also present your student ID, this is not enough to prove who you are. The government ID is required to prove that you are a Filipino citizen. Some examples of IDs are passport, driver’s license, tax ID, or SSS ID.
2. Proof of income – you need to submit copies of your pay slip. If you do not have pay slips, you can request your employer to issue you a certificate of employment, commonly referred to as COE. In some cases, the loaning company may ask you to notarize your COE.
3. Proof of address – proof of address is a billing statement. If you have a credit card, you can use your billing statement as proof of address. If not, you can use your utility bills.
Prepare these documents before applying for a loan. Some companies may also ask for your 2×2 photo.
How can I get a student loan in the Philippines?
If you need an education loan, the most common place you can go to is a bank. However, a bank is not your only option. Let us take a look at the others.
The Philippine government offers allowances and financial loans, especially if you are a scholar or if you are studying in state universities. State universities do not charge any interest. However, loans must still be paid.
Banks are your second option. The issue with banks is that you are not likely to get approved. You need to have a decent employment to get approved or you should have something to offer as collateral.
Online lending companies
Perhaps the best option to try and send your student loan application. Online companies work really fast to get you approved. Like banks, they will ask you for documents to prove your identity and proof of income. However, online loan companies are not likely to ask for a collateral.
There are other financial institutions where you can try to apply for a student loan. However, you need to take note that most of these companies will ask you for high interest rates. The longer the term, the higher interest you will pay. At best, you need to give a chance to online companies like Robocash. One great benefit is that you do not have to go to any physical location. All you need to do to secure a student’s finance is to create a personal account and submit your documents.
- Education in the Philippines https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_Philippines
RyanRobocash is one of a kind. They are true to their commitment that once u pass d review they will credit the loaned amount right away! In less than 5 mins we got the money transfered to my gf bank account. Amazing! Two thumbs up ROBOCASH!!!
EricaI tried Robocash out of curiosity. To cut to the chase, Robocash is ideal for "petsa de peligro" days where it's almost payday but also your bills is on due date because they have short payment terms (I was given 7 days term for my first loan). You can get approved as fast as 30mins and the loan will reflect immediately.
SamI loved RoboCash not just the app but for the whole experienced that I had in applying for a loan. Hassle free and loan disbursement is as quick counting 1-2-3.