- SSS is the Philippine Social Security System.
- Members of this system can count on a variety of loans.
- One popular one is the SSS Calamity Loan.
- An alternative to SSS loans is financial aid from Robocash.
SSS Online Loan in the Philippines
For the Filipinos, a state-run social insurance program is typical. It is standard for all employed Filipinos in the private, informal, and professional sectors to make mandatory contributions. The Philippine government established insurance programs to support the citizens financially (especially those having affordability problems) during a crisis.
The Philippine Social Security System, or widely known as SSS, is one of these state-owned insurance systems. It was introduced by president Manuel Roxas in 1948, when he beckoned the legislators to build a tax-exempt social security program. This program aimed to provide relief and assistance to Filipinos during the postwar era. However, this insurance program had undergone a long process and amendments before it became legal and was implemented in 1957.
Fast forward to this day, SSS has developed its program, and its advantages have expanded throughout the years. The members and their beneficiaries can have several benefits. It includes protection against the risks of disability, sickness, old age, maternity, death, and other contingencies resulting in financial burden. The members can also enjoy various financial assistance like unemployment benefit, salary and calamity loans. Meanwhile, government employees are under a separate state-pension fund – the GSIS or Government Service Insurance System.
SSS Loan Types
SSS is also offering financial assistance to its active members and they can enjoy the following loan types.
SSS Housing Loan
SSS offers various housing loan programs, categorized into 9 divisions. These categories will help you choose the housing loan program that is suitable to your classification as an active member.
· Housing Loan for Workers’ Organization Members (WOMs);
· Apartment and Dormitory;
· Housing Loan for OFWs;
· Housing Loan for Repairs and Improvement;
· Individual Housing;
· Assumption of Mortgage;
· Housing Development Loan;
· Corporate Housing Program.
SSS Business Loan
If you are planning to expand or establish your own business, SSS offers loans for the development of businesses and industries. This business loan program is also available for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
There are the 3 categories for you to choose:
· Business Development Loan Facility;
· Social Development Loan Facility;
· Fixed-Term Credit Facility.
SSS Salary Loan
SSS Salary Loan is a cash loan granted to an employed, self-employed, or voluntary member having updated payment of contributions. This loan program is for active members who need short-term credit.
SSS Calamity Loan Assistance Program
SSS grants Calamity Loan Assistance Program to its members to provide financial aid during a crisis. Depending on the member’s average monthly salary credit, one can apply for a calamity loan up to PHP 20,000. Essentially, this program is only for members residing in the area declared in a state of calamity.
SSS Salary Loan and SSS Calamity Loan
2020 has been a tough year for the entire world. And to Filipinos, their resilience has tested them to a great extent. From volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, typhoons, and other disasters, it is not easy to deal with continuous contingencies.
And now, because of COVID-19, Filipinos are facing not just the pandemic but also the financial crisis. Many have lost their jobs and are struggling to meet their primary needs. For this reason, the salary and calamity loans have become the most in-demand loan programs of SSS in this year.
To provide service to Filipinos constantly, SSS updated its system of online application. Active members can now apply for salary and calamity loans through their website without the need to visit their office. They also provide easy access to their programs through the SSS mobile app. This up-to-date system of SSS ensures convenience as well as safety to the members from COVID-19.
How to Apply SSS Online Salary Loan?
Do you want to know how to loan in SSS? In the original system, the SSS Member Loan Application should be filed by the member or representative in any SSS office. This traditional process is typically tedious, so having the SSS online loan application is way more convenient, especially nowadays.
Here is the simple way to apply for a salary loan online:
1. Visit the SSS website, and click Member;
2. Enter your User ID & Password. Click the box for the captcha;
3. Go to E-Services, then click Disbursement Account Enrollment Module;
4. Enroll your bank account in the system. Accordingly, there are 60 participating banks in this program. But in case you don’t have a bank account yet, you can get your loan via SSS payout channels such as PayMaya and Cebuana Lhuillier.
5. After you successfully enrolled your bank account, go back to E-Services, then select Apply for Salary Loan. Note that if you are ineligible, the system will display a rejection notice.
6. Select the loan amount you prefer. Choose your bank account;
7. Tick the box “I agree to the Terms and Conditions”. It will be displayed automatically. When you finish reading, click Proceed;
8. Click Submit at the end of the Disclosure Statement. You will proceed to the confirmation page, then click Proceed to confirm;
9. Once confirmed, the transaction number will appear on your screen. Your Salary Loan confirmation will be sent to your registered email address. If you’re an employed member, you need to supply necessary information about your certifying employer with its branch office.
Qualifications and Requirements for SSS Salary Loan
To be eligible for the SSS Member Loan, you should be:
· Currently employed, currently contributing self-employed or a voluntary member.
· If employed, your employer should be up to date in the payments of contributions.
· You are below sixty-five (65) years old at the time of application.
· You haven’t granted SSS final benefit – retirement or total permanent disability.
· You didn’t commit fraud against SSS.
Note: If you are applying for a one-month loan, you must have thirty-six (36) posted monthly contributions. But for a two-month loan, you must have seventy-two (72) posted monthly contributions. Additionally, 6 of those contributions should be within the last 12 months before the month of loan application filing.
The requirements for SSS Loan application includes only two (2) valid IDs when filing the SSS Salary loan form to the SSS office. This is the original system, in which there are 3 ways for you to file your SSS loan application:
· Filed by the Member-Borrower;
· Filed by the Member-Borrower’s Authorized Representative;
· Filed by the Employer/Company’s Authorized Representative.
Note: For OFWs, there are SSS Foreign Representative Offices in selected countries. But if there is no SSS office in the country, an OFW member can send his/her application to the relatives. In this case, the OFW member should authorize the representative.
Who Can Apply SSS Calamity Loan?
To be qualified for the SSS Calamity Loan Assistance Program:
· You should have at least thirty-six (36) monthly contributions. Additionally, 6 of those contributions should be within the last 12 months before the application;
· You have a work or home address within the Philippines, as reflected in the SSS database;
· You haven’t granted SSS final benefit – retirement or total permanent disability;
· You have no outstanding loan balance under the Loan Restructuring Program or previous Calamity Loan program.
As mentioned earlier, this program is only for members residing in an area declared in a state of calamity. However, due to COVID-19, the proof is no longer a requirement for calamity loans. It is because the entire Philippines is already under a state of calamity.
SSS Calamity Loan Features
Let’s briefly list the features of the SSS Calamity Loan that are attractive to many Filipinos.
· Loan amount: up to PHP 20,000 depending on your average monthly salary credit;
· Interest rate: 10% but was recently reduced to 6% per annum;
· Payment term: 24 months; but the SSS loan payment term has extended up to 27 months;
· Service fee: 1% to be deducted from the total loan proceeds.
SSS Loan FAQS
· How to change status in SSS online?
– Log in to your My SSS Account, then go to Member’s Profile. Click Update Contact Info. This will direct you to your Member Basic Information;
– Choose the information you would like to update. Click Next;
– Review your data. If the information is correct, click Submit. If not, click Back;
– Take note of your Transaction number that will pop up on your screen. This is for security purposes.
· How to check SSS contribution online?
– Log in to your My SSS Account;
– Go to the SSS Contribution Inquiry page;
– Go to the Contributions – Actual Premiums page.
· How can I check my SSS loan balance?
– Go to the SSS website, and log in using your member login details;
– Hover your mouse to the “Inquiry” tab;
– Hover your mouse to “Loans Info” tab.
· How is SSS penalty computation calculated?
– Interest rate: 10% per annum based on diminishing principal balance. And it shall be amortized for 24 months;
– The interest of 10% shall continue until loan is fully paid;
– Any excess in the amortization payment shall be applied to the outstanding principal balance;
– The unremitted loan amortization shall bear 1% penalty per month until the loan is fully settled.
The Alternative for SSS Loans
Applying online loans to SSS is a good option when you need short-term credit. However, since SSS is a state-run system, it requires many documents that bring inconvenience to the members. Additionally, the loanable amount depends on your average monthly salary credit. And this is not very helpful if you need more cash on hand.
If you are looking for another option, Robocash can surely help you with your financial needs. First-time borrowers can avail of up to PHP 10,000. And repeat borrowers can apply for a loan up to PHP 25,000. In addition, Robocash has low-interest rates, fewer requirements, and faster processing.
Convenience is also essential when looking for the right loan. Robocash can provide you the service you deserve without experiencing the hassle of applying to a state-run insurance system. Documentation is not required. But they still give their reliable and fast service. In other words, it’s just purely financial assistance to many Filipinos enduring the crisis.Apply now
MerlynRobocash is the best online lending company. Faster loan to get no more long processing and fill up everything. Thanks.5
FrinaI like Robocash loan site the most because they low interest rate within and had a prolongation service incase you can't meet your due, it really helps alot in time of need. In addition their loan process speed and disbursement is by far the fastest.5
RitzThe approval was so fast, i wasnt ready to apply as I was just testing how the app worked. The next thing I know the money was on its way.5
JoelRobocash is the very best loan app I had ever applied with. Reliable loan Co. especially in this difficult times. Kudos to the mgt. Keep up the good work and the great service to your clients. Highly recommended. God bless and more power🙏4
RollyHi everyone I could recommend this excellent apps coz the agents are approachable and answers the needs in times of emergency. They us give lower interest and loan prolongation in case you could not pay on time. Thanks to them and keep it up. Mabuhay!!!4