- RCBC Credit Card online banking is one of the amazing financial services in the Philippines.
- You can use your credit card to make purchases, travel, and pay bills.
- However, not all people can get an RCBC credit card.
- There are restrictions on age, income, and other reasons for refusal. In this case, Robocash loan will help you.
- Robocash works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is very convenient!
What You Need to Know about RCBC Credit Cards
Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation is one of the oldest and most trusted banks in the Philippines. It was established in 1960 and is owned by a bigger group called Yuchengco Group of Companies or YGC. YGC in itself is a big conglomerate of insurance and non-insurance products. As it stands, RCBC has one of the best offers for credit lines in the country, specifically for credit cards. But what are the types of cards that you can get and what are the interest rates? Today, you will learn everything there is about the RCBC credit card.
RCBC Credit Card Requirements
The official name of any RCBC credit card is Bankard. However, there are several types: RCBC Flex Visa, RCBC Flex Gold Card and RCBC Classic Card. But first, let us talk about the requirements before you can get one.
As far as the eligibility is concerned, you have to meet the following conditions:
1. You have to be at least 21 years old;
2. You must be a Filipino citizen;
3. You must have an annual salary of at least ₱180,000 if you are an employee in the BPO industry;
4. You must already have a credit card from other banks;
5. You must have a landline phone either at home or in the office.
If you meet these conditions, you are now eligible to continue with your RCBC credit card application.
The next step is to complete the documentary requirements. All applicants must submit their filled-out application form.
If you are employed, you must prepare the following documents:
- Income Tax Return or payslip from your employer;
- An identification card issued by the government.
You must also submit a Certificate of Employment that is duly signed by your HR representative. Now, if you are self-employed, the requirements are the same. But since you have no employer, you must submit proof of your income. Specifically, this refers to your tax returns or ITR that is duly signed by the Bureau of Internal Revenue. On some occasions, the bank may ask you for other things, like proof of billing and proof of citizenship.
How Can I Avail My RCBC Credit Card?
You can get the RCBC credit card online or in person. If you want to apply online, the first thing you have to do is to download the form, fill it out, and then give to a bank representative. The other method is to fill out the application online.
The online application is easy to follow, as you only need to answer some basic questions about yourself. Once you have submitted the application online, the next step is to wait for further instructions from the bank. They will either call you or send you an email on how to proceed.
Our advice is that you should not apply if you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Also, do not apply if you do not have the documents ready.
Wait for a week for results. If you want to know about your RCBC credit card application status, you can always give the RCBC credit card hotline a call.
Is RCBC and Bankard the same?Bankard is an affiliate of RCBC.
What are the main types of RCBC cards?1. Flex Visa The card that will enable millenials to achieve their life goals. 2x Rewards points on two categories - choose from Dining, Clothing, Travel or Transportation Flexible Rewards redemption options 2. Gold Card The card for those moving up the ladder of success. Rewards points from all your purchases Free budget monitoring tools Convenient and rewarding bills payment 3. Classic Card For the young professionals enjoying financial independence Rewards points from all your purchases Convert straight purchases made anywhere to installment
How can I check my RCBC credit card balance online?To do so, send a text message to RCBCBANKARD BAL: "first 4 + last 4 digits of the card" and send it to 0919 1600402 using your RCBC registered cell phone number.
Is the RCBC Credit Card Secure?
Yes, the credit cards issued by RCBC are safe and secure. There are many card types you can choose from, and the four types of cards are Mastercard, VISA, JCB, and UnionPay. These are all big names in the credit industry, so you may rest assured that there are many safety precautions to protect you, your money, and your identity.
Once you receive your card, just go to the website of RCBC and read how to activate RCBC credit card. You can activate it via SMS or by calling. The card envelope comes with a code, and you need to supply that info to the verification and activation system.
RCBC Credit Card Charges and Fees
Now, let’s take a look at the fees that you would incur if you get a credit card from RCBC.
- Principal card annual fee – the cost of this is ₱1,500 per year;
- Supplementary card fee – also paid annually, the cost is ₱750 per year;
- Monthly interest rate is 3.50%;
- The interest rate for retail is 3.55%;
- Cash advance interest rate is 3.56%;
- Returned check fee is ₱1,000;
- Invoice retrieval fee is ₱150;
- The card replacement fee is ₱500;
- Cash advance fee is 3% or ₱500, whichever is higher;
- Late payment fee is ₱400;
- Pre-termination of installment plans is 5% of the unpaid amount or higher;
- Gaming and casino fee are 5% of the transaction or ₱1,000, whichever is higher.
There are many more fees, but these are the most important ones you need to know about. Let us clarify some of the fees. On some occasions, you can avail of the RCBC credit card with no annual fee. You can waive the annual fee for you and your supplementary card if you meet what is called minimum purchase requirements.
The gambling fee is what you pay if you deposited money into an online gambling facility. The cost is 5% of your deposit to the casino, or ₱1,000, whichever is higher. The fee is high to discourage gamblers from participating.
The card replacement fee is what you pay if you have lost your card or if you want a new one because the one you have is expired. For the pre-termination, this is a fee you pay if you bought an appliance on installment, and then you decided to pay it in full.
Who Can Get an RCBC Online Credit Card?
For as long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you can avail a credit card online. Let us take a closer look at these requirements.
- Proof of employment – you need to prove that you have the capacity to pay. Without this document, banks will not feel secure about your ability to borrow money and pay.
- Minimum annual income from 180,000 pesos – this only applies to people in the BPO industry. Many individuals in the BPO industry have a bad rap for borrowing money and not paying. This is the reason why banks use this amount as a basic requirement – many individuals do not earn as much. Those who do hold a better position in the company and are not likely to run away from their financial obligations.
- The presence of a landline phone – you need a landline phone, so they know where you really live. Preferably, the landline phone must be under your name. If you do not have one, you can use a phone in your office, but just make sure that the people who answer it know who you are.
RCBC is a big bank, and they have learned so many things about what people can do as far as lending money is concerned. This is why they have seemingly strict requirements, especially about having a landline phone. In the Philippines, SIM cards are disposable, so it is a little difficult to approve a credit card application – the borrower will throw the SIM card away, and you can never find him again.
RCBC Credit Card Alternatives
As you can see, there are some eligibility requirements that you may not meet, and this is enough to deter you from applying for a credit card from RCBC. The good news is that you have a choice – an alternative. The one we are talking about is called Robocash. It is an online facility where you can borrow money. You will not be issued a credit card, but you will be given money.
How does it work?
Robocash is an online lending company. All you have to do is to go to its website, and fill out the application form. Like other financial institutions, there are eligibility requirements.
1. You must between 21 and 70 years old;
2. You must be a Filipino citizen;
3. You must have a valid ID;
4. You must have a mobile number.
When applying, the Robocash company will also ask you to provide some additional documents such as COE, ITR, Payslip, company ID, DTI. The good thing about Robocash is that you do not have to go to their office in person. Everything is facilitated online. All you need to do is to scan copies of your documents and upload them on the Robocash website.
The application is also fast. You can get approved in as short as 24 hours. After that, you do not even have to go to the office to get the money. If you have a bank account, they will deposit the funds there. If you are not eligible for a credit card, even for the RCBC credit card promo, then you must certainly give Robocash loan a try.
RCBC is a big bank that has a lot of financial products. It has a partnership with other financial institutions, so how to pay RCBC credit card is not an issue. You can pay your debt online, and you only have to go to the RCBC credit card login area online to see your statement.
If you do not get approved, or if you do not meet the eligibility requirement, you must try Robocash. It is the best alternative to credit cards – better than pawnshops and with less interest than major credit cards in the Philippines.Apply now
AllanFast and reliable. Kudos to this app. Thank you.5
JaypeeI am so thankful to this lending app. Its so nice to use plus their customer service is good. I always use this but sometimes I use to make a late payment but this app have a choices to extend it. Thank you, Robocash.5
DanicaSuperb App. It is very easy and fast approval. it's my second loan since the last time. Very happy to apply for this app. Highly recommended.4
AzenVery fast and reliable source of money. Easy payment option also 🙂4
CherieI gave 5 star because it is very easy application and fastest loan to disburse a money unlike the other loan apps. Thank you Robocash.4