- Motorcycle loans come in different flavors and depend on which bank you choose.
- Choose the best motorcycle loan in the Philippines in the list we provided you with.
- In some cases, it may be enough just to repair the motorcycle to upgrade it.
- Then you will need not a motorcycle loan, but a loan at Robocash.
Motorcycle Loan Guide in the Philippines
In the Philippines, if it’s not meant for business operations, having a car is a luxury. For Filipinos earning an average income, owning a bike or motorcycle is the best substitute for a car. It has a low maintenance cost, plus it is more fuel-efficient than four-wheeled vehicles. Additionally, with bike and motorcycle, parking space is never an issue.
During these days of the pandemic, most Filipinos are eyeing bikes and motorcycles in exchange for public transport. Ever since the Department of Transportation (DOTr) lifted the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), many had considered these two-wheelers for transportation. Commuting via jeepneys, buses, and the like has now limited capacity to encourage social distancing.
Coping with the new normal, shifting to bikes or motorcycles is not a problem for those who already have them. But if you’re among those who don’t own one, choosing between a bike or motorcycle may probably cross your mind. So, let’s take a better look at what suits you best: a bike or a motorcycle?
What to Choose: Bike or Motorcycle?
Before anything else, let’s point out the differences between the two. And obviously, the main distinction is the engine. Bicycles or bikes have no engines. It functions only on how much energy the rider exerts in the pedals. While motorcycles have engines powered by gas or electricity (if it is an electric-powered motor).
Their weight and cost also differ. And even though they are both equipped with gears, bikes can have 1 to 21 gears or more. Meanwhile, motorcycles have 4 to 6 gears. This is the reason why their attainable speeds vary of each other. Motorcycles also have various types. There are big bikes and small bike motorcycles. Although they both share almost the same usage, small bike motorcycles are heavier and powerful than small bikes. Generally, big bikes are great for spirited riding. However, practically speaking, small bikes are more budget friendly. They typically cost below six-digit figures. Additionally, they are more fuel-efficient than big bike motorcycles. When it comes to the similarity between bicycle and motorcycle, of course, you need to wear a helmet. There is no difference in the case of turning as both have brakes and gears. You can press the handlebar in the direction you want to go.
So, which one is the best for you?
Deciding whether to get a bicycle, a big bike or a small bike motorcycle varies on your preferences. You need to list down the important factors that could affect your decision. Determine your purpose as well as your location and available parking space.
Nonetheless, your intention is probably for your safety because of the pandemic. Commuting in public transport is risky nowadays. You should also take into consideration the area you live. Are the roads good for bikes or motorcycles? Do you have appropriate parking space for your two-wheeled vehicle?
If you have already decided which one to get, the next big question is how will you finance it?
How to Apply for a Bike Loan?
Buying a bike in full payment may not be very ideal for Filipinos who are earning an average income. If you are one of those, and you have a short budget, you can get a loan to finance your ideal bike. The National Bicycle Organization and Home Credit offer bike loan programs suitable for Filipinos looking for flexible monthly payment. The National Bicycle Organization (NBO) promotes bike commuting to Filipinos as an alternative way of transportation. In 2018, they launched NBO Bike Loan Program in partnership with Rizal Prime Consumers Cooperative (RPCC). The program offers more affordable bicycles with 0% interest rates. The payment loan terms range between 3 to 24 months for as low as PHP 300 monthly payment. However, RPCC prioritizes the members of NBO.
On the other hand, Home Credit does not require any membership to get a bike loan. You can get a Home Credit Bike Loan if you:
· are a Filipino citizen whose age is 18-68 years old;
· have two valid IDs;
· have a reliable source of income.
You can use the motorcycle loan calculator on their website to check the payment options you prefer. Home Credit doesn’t limit the applicant’s choice of bike brands. But they demand to purchase the bike in their partners’ stores.
It might be easier to get a bike loan Ph because bicycles are more affordable than motorcycles. But when it comes to usage, bicycles have limited places to go. With motorcycles, you can go to farther places because they have engines equipped to ride along with other four-wheeled vehicles. Plus, most roads nowadays are more appropriate for motorcycles than bikes, particularly in urban areas.
If you are looking for a better alternative mode of transportation, getting a motorcycle is the best option to choose.
Useful Tips for Choosing for a Motorcycle Loan
When looking for ways to finance a motorcycle, it is always advisable to follow these simple steps:
1. Go for a motorcycle window shopping. Check the type of motorcycle you want to buy thoroughly. Consider your options for buying an used motorcycle.
2. Research for motorcycle loans or big bike loans available online. Due to the pandemic, most of the financing companies provide online loan applications. It’s now easier to research all types of loans, including to get a big bike loan in the Philippines.
3. Select 3 loan programs that you think suit your financial needs. Make inquiries their customer service if necessary. Weigh in the factors that can influence your decision, then choose the best among them. Find out if down payment is necessary and what interest rates are offered by different companies. Your chances increase if you have a good credit rating.
4. Complete the requirements. Take note of all essential information such as the interest rate, payment loan term, mode of payment, and the loan conditions. Finally, choose which motorbike you want to buy.
Requirements for Motorcycle Loan
In the Philippines, most financing institutions have the same requirements for a motorcycle loan. A lot depends on whether you choose a new or used motorcycle. Your chances increase if you have a good credit rating. Generally, these are:
· The applicant should be a Filipino citizen whose age is 21 years old or above;
· Currently employed or has a reliable source of income;
· Have valid IDs.
Each financing company may have different qualifications and requirements, so you need to keep them in mind. Considering these can also influence your decision in choosing for a motorcycle loan program that suits your goal.
The Best Motorcycle Loans in the Philippines
For the record, the among the best financing institutions that offer motorcycle loans in the Philippines are:
· Security Bank;
· Robinsons Bank;
· City Savings Bank.
They are the top three companies that provide the lowest motorcycle loan interest rates in the Philippines. Each of them can help you buy a motorcycle. Here are some of the essential conditions of their motorcycle loan programs to give you an idea:
Security Bank offers high-end big bike loans in the Philippines with a low interest rate. Down payment and loan term vary to each other. The applicant can be an individual or a company. For their motorcycle loan program of an individual applicant, the necessary documents needed to submit include:
· Filled out and signed loan application form;
· Copy of valid government-issued ID;
· Latest BIR Form 2316, or:
– Latest three months’ pay slip;
– Certificate of Employment;
– Employment Contract for OFW.
Meanwhile, Robinsons Bank offers different motorcycle loan features with a low interest rate. You can choose to get a motorcycle loan for a regular / solo bike, big bike, or second-hand unit. Down payment and loan terms vary to each other. For the individual application, you need to secure the the following:
· Filled out and signed loan application form;
· Copy of government-issued IDs;
· Proof of billing.
But take note that the additional requirements differ depending on your employment status.
· If locally employed, you also need to submit your latest one-month pay slip or Certificate of Employment;
· If self-employed, submit your latest three-month Bank Statements and your DTI Registration;
· If OFW, submit a copy of your Employment Contract and the latest three-month proof of remittance.
City Savings Bank
City Savings Bank’s loan program offers 2 types of features: Two-Wheeler and Three-Wheeler. Just like the other financing companies, a government-issued ID is a must. Down payment and loan terms vary to each other. They also require additional documents for individual applicants based on their employment status:
· For the employed, a Certificate of Employment (COE) or one-month pay slip;
· For the sole proprietor, a Business Permit (Barangay or Municipal), and a DTI Permit;
· For the pensioner, a Statement of Account (SOA) with at least one-month pension credit;
· For the OFW, at least two-month proof of remittance within the past 6 months, or remittance slips / bank’s statement of account.
These three financing companies also provide a motorcycle loan calculator with their terms and interest rates offered in the Philippines. You can use them to estimate the loan amount and terms applicable to you.Apply now
What if I Only Need a Loan to Repair My Motorcycle?
The repair and maintenance cost of a motorcycle can give you trouble, especially if you have no funds for it. It is more crucial if you still have ongoing loan amortization and have no sufficient cash for repairs. You know in yourself that you are a good payer. But how can you finance unexpected spending?
One of the best options you can consider is getting a quick cash loan.
Here, in the Philippines, it is now simple and easy to find a reliable lending company that offers short-term loans online. And one of the most trusted online lenders is the Robocash.Robocash has a fast approval process with a very minimal interest rate.
For first-time borrowers, you can apply for a loan up to PHP 10,000. And repeat borrowers can avail up to PHP 25,000. You don’t have to worry about the requirements as they can accept just your government-issued ID. You also don’t need a bank account to take a loan.Apply now
Ean5 ⭐ for the app. It is very user friendly that made is easy to apply for a loan and monitor it once approved. I love Robocash! 💖💖❤️Actually, there are so many others who really depend on them, too. RoboCash is amazing because it is a robot with a heart!!!4
EricaI tried Robocash out of curiosity. To cut to the chase, Robocash is ideal for "petsa de peligro" days. It's almost payday but also your bills is on due date because they have short payment terms (I was given 7 days term for my first loan). You can get approved as fast as 30mins and the loan will reflect immediately.4
DerickThis loan app is very convenient to use, easy to borrow cash especially during Petsa de peligro or anytime you need money. Easy to repay with low interest rate.4
RyanRobocash is one of a kind. They are true to their commitment that once u pass d review they will credit the loaned amount right away! In less than 5 mins we got the money transfered to my gf bank account. Amazing! Two thumbs up ROBOCASH!!!4
DanicaCustomer Service agents are courteous and polite. They extend assistance to resolve issues.4