How to Get SSS ID in the Philippines
SSS stands for the Social Security System. In the Philippines, unemployed and self-employed individuals can register and pay a monthly contribution in preparation for their retirement. Those who are employed, however, are mandated to pay. Today, we will talk about SSS and how you can get an ID. By the end of this tutorial, you should know how to get an ID, what are the requirements for SSS ID, and what the application process is.
How does SSS Work in the Philippines?
The SSS is not just a retirement or pension plan that the government provides for its members. It also offers different kinds of loans and benefits. Here are the benefits you can get if you are a paying member:
- Sickness and disability benefit – you can get paid a sum of money if you are debilitated to work. This can be due to sickness or in accidents that have rendered you disabled.
- Maternity benefit – pregnant women have 60 days of maternity benefit. A pregnant woman can get a salary worth 2 months by the end of the pregnancy.
- Retirement – those who retire at the age of 60 or 65 can get a lifetime pension. The amount of the monthly pension depends on the contributions of the retired member.
- Death and funeral – SSS members who passed away can get death and funeral benefits. The SSS will provide funds for the funeral, which are separate from the pension that the underage and spouse beneficiaries of the deceased.
One thing that people do not know is that SSS has been expanding their services recently. Now, you can also apply for a housing loan. As mentioned earlier, you can also apply for a salary loan. As always, the values you can loan depend on your total contribution, and how much you have contributed.
How to Apply for SSS ID?
In this section, we will discuss how to get the SSS ID card in person. Keep in mind that you cannot apply for SSS valid ID unless you have the SSS ID number. To get an ID number, you must register as a member first. Once you become a member, you will be issued your ID number.
To apply for this, you just have to go to the nearest SSS office and tell them that you want to be a member. If you are employed in a big company, you do not have to worry about this. The company will take care of processing your membership. Once you have your ID number that is printed in the official SSS document, go to the SSS office. Tell the guard that you are applying for an ID. The guard will give you the SSS UMID ID form and a list for the SSS UMID ID requirements 2020. Fill out the form in the office, and then queue up. Once you have the form submitted in the appropriate window, you will be asked to pay a fee.
This fee is for your digitized SSS ID. Once you have paid it, you will be given a receipt. After getting the receipt, you have to queue up again. This time, wait for your turn for your picture, signature and thumb print to be taken. Once you are done with this process, you will be told to come back and get your ID in person.
SSS ID requirements
Before you go to any SSS office, you have to prepare your documents required for an SSS ID. Here are the things that you need to get an SSS ID card:
– ePersonal record form – this is a form you can get from the SSS office.
– Printed SS Number slip – you can only get this once you have applied for SSS membership. As a member, you will receive a slip that has your SS number. You need to keep this and present it once you apply for an identification card.
– Birth certificate – you have to present an original copy that is verified by the National Statistics Office; you also need to provide its photocopy.
– Valid ID – you can present other existing IDs like driving license, passport, and others.
In case you do not have other IDs, you can present a baptismal certificate, your ID from the Professional Regulation Board, or your Seaman’s book. If these are still not available, you can choose from the following:
- School ID;
- Company ID;
- Voter’s ID;
- NBI Clearance that is not expired;
- Postal ID.
If you have a tax ID, you can use that too.
Now, you must also provide original and photocopies of your marriage certificate if you are married, and also the birth certificate of your children. Make sure you have photocopied everything. For some documents, they only need the photocopy. For some others, they need the original copy. The SSS ID requirements in 2020 are the same.
SSS ID Online Application
Too busy to go to the office and wait for the first part of the application? The SSS ID online application is easy. Here is how to get SSS ID online in 2020.
1. Go to the official SSS website. Fill out the SSS ID application form properly;
2. You will receive a link to the email you’ve registered; this will enable you to continue;
3. Once you click the link, you must supply all your information;
4. The system will generate the ID number for you;
5. This will produce the ePersonal Record form; you have to print this;
6. You also need to print the Personal Record Form, the SS Number Slip, and the SS Number application confirmation that is sent to your email;
7. Prepare the documents or the requirements; print them and also prepare photocopies;
8. Go to the SSS office and tell the guard that you are going to get an ID.
The guard will tell you where to pay and then your picture will be taken. After that, you will be told to come back. Once you come back, you still have to bring some documents with you. Finally, you have your SSS ID.Apply now
Frequently Asked Questions about SSS ID
Below are the most commonly asked questions that people ask about SSS ID:
How many days does it take to get an SSS ID?
It depends. Usually, it takes about 2 weeks. If there are too many people applying for an ID, you may have to wait longer.
Is Umid ID and SSS ID the same?
No, they are different. The old ID was issued between 1998 and 2010. As the government has modernized its equipment and systems, they are now issuing the UMID. The UMID is an ID system that you can also use for PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth, and GSIS.
How can I register my SSS ID without Umid?
You can do this by going to the SSS office or applying SSS ID online. Use your SSS user ID (number) in the SSS ID form.
Is there a fee for SSS ID?
Yes, the cost varies.
One thing you can do is to apply for SSS ID online, which we will discuss later.
Is SSS ID a Valid ID?
SSS ID is one of the most acceptable Valid IDs in the Philippines, as it has a high degree of protection, plus you can get it personally in SSS. Getting a SSS ID is quite easy. Almost all credit companies accept a SSS ID as a valid ID. Of course, Robocash also accepts a SSS ID as an ID.
Robocash Loan Requirements
Whether you need money to pay for your SSS ID or if your loan from SSS was denied, you can get a loan from Robocash.
Here are the requirements for applying for a loan from Robocash:
– One government ID;
– Proof of income like IT or COE;
– You must be a Filipino citizen;
– You must be between 21 and 70 years of age.
If you are operating a business, you have to present your DTI registration and other business documents.
Here are the benefits of getting a loan from Robocash:
– Easy application – you can apply for a loan online; you do not have to go to a physical location.
– Fast approval – you can get approved in as short as 24 hours.
– Online transaction – your funds will be deposited to your bank account; you will also pay your debt online and there is no need to go to their office.
Robocash is 100% online. It aims to provide loans to the underserved market. If you are interested in it, go to the Robocash website and apply for a loan now.
If you are an adult, you need to get a Social Security System ID. Not only will you get a lifetime pension once you retire, but your loved ones can also receive financial support if anything happens to you.
To get your SSS ID, you need money. If you are in short of money, you may want to get a loan. However, you cannot loan a small amount from banks because they will not earn that much interest. So, if you need money, you can go to Robocash.
Robocash is also a great alternative if you wanted to get a loan from SSS but your loan was not approved. With Robocash, it is easy to apply for a loan and it is fast to get an approval. Try it now and see the difference.
RyanRobocash is one of a kind. They are true to their commitment that once u pass d review they will credit the loaned amount right away! In less than 5 mins we got the money transfered to my gf bank account. Amazing! Two thumbs up ROBOCASH!!!
EricaI tried Robocash out of curiosity. To cut to the chase, Robocash is ideal for "petsa de peligro" days where it's almost payday but also your bills is on due date because they have short payment terms (I was given 7 days term for my first loan). You can get approved as fast as 30mins and the loan will reflect immediately.
SamI loved RoboCash not just the app but for the whole experienced that I had in applying for a loan. Hassle free and loan disbursement is as quick counting 1-2-3.