- A government loan is similar to a loan from a bank, but you need to apply for a loan from certain government agencies.
- Filipinos can count on the government for loans.
- The 3 ways to get a personal government loan are the Pag-IBIG Fund, SSS and GSIS.
- If you have never worked or never contributed to any of these government branches, you cannot borrow money there.
- We offer a Robocash loan as an alternative. It’s fast and convenient.
Government Loans in the Philippines
The government is one of the best sources of loans because the interest rate is low. Unlike banks, it is also easier to get approved for a government loan, provided that you have made contributions to the specific government branch.
Today, you will learn different types of loans you can get with help the Philippine government. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll be an expert on government loans, and decide how you intend to use the money.
What Is a Government Loan?
A government loan is like a bank loan. However, you need to apply for a loan on specific government branches. It does not really work as a bank per se. In a bank, all you need to do is to go there and apply for the right kind of loan – a housing loan, car loan, or personal loan. You cannot do this with the government. For example, you can only apply for a housing loan in PAG-IBIG (1), but not from the Social Security System.
3 Ways to Get a Personal Government Loan
There are three main ways to get a loan from the government. Three main government loan programs in the Philippines are GSIS, SSS, and PAG-IBIG.
GSIS is a social security system for government employees. SSS is the social security system for civilian workers and entrepreneurs, which PAG-IBIG is the government’s branch where contributors can get a housing loan.
The PAG-IBIG fund is a multi-purpose loan, but most of the time, it is used for home loans. You have to be an active member to be able to file a loan.
In this section, we will discuss how to loan in PAG-IBIG.
To be able to be qualified for PAG-IBIG housing loan application, you have to meet the following eligibility requirements:
– You must be an active member, which means you are making your monthly contributions;
– You must have at least 24 monthly contributions;
– You must present a valid photo ID;
– You should present one month’s payslip to prove your capacity to pay.
To start the application, you must fill out the application form and submit it to the PAG-IBIG office.
Pag-IBIG Terms and amounts
There is no set amount that you can borrow. It depends on the size of the contribution you have made. For PAG-IBIG loans, you can borrow up to 80% of your total contributed amount.
This includes your own contribution and your employer’s one. These contributions also have dividends. The interest rate is 10.5% per year if you borrow from PAG-IBIG.
Advantages of Pag-IBIG
- Easy to get approved;
- Has two types of loans (housing and calamity);
- Long repayment of 30 years;
- Lower interest rate than that of banks.
Disadvantages of Pag-IBIG
The major disadvantage is that not everyone is qualified. If you have not met the 24 monthly contributions, which means that you have not worked or contributed for at least two years, you will not be approved for a loan.
Social Security System (SSS)
The SSS (2) is a mandatory membership for everyone that is employed. Both the employee and the employer must pay a monthly contribution according to the fee table. In SSS, you can file a salary loan and a calamity loan. You can also apply for a housing loan, but this offer is only for qualified members.
– You must be employed or self-employed;- You must be an active member for at least 36 months;
– You must have paid contributions in the last 12 months prior to your loan.
– Depending on how much you are trying to borrow, SSS can increase the requirements. In some cases, you must be a paying member for at least 72 months. Also, you must not be 65 years of age before your loan matures.
SSS Terms and amounts
How much can you borrow from SSS? For salary loans, the typical amount you can borrow equals your monthly salary for one or two months. This is called a salary loan. The maximum amount of money that you can borrow from the SSS government loan in the Philippines is only ₱2,000,000. You can pay the loan between 5 and 15 years, and the interest rate varies between 8% and 11% per year.
Advantages of SSS loan
- Easy to apply;
- For all members who are active are eligible;
- The terms of the loans are long;
- The interest is way lower compared to that of banks.
Disadvantages of SSS loan
Like PAG-IBIG, the one thing that can set you back is that you cannot apply for a loan if you have not been actively paying your contribution for a while. It means that even if you paid ten years’ worth of SSS contributions, you could not loan if you have not been active for at least the last 12 months.Apply now
What is SSS Philhealth Pag-ibig?
This is an abbreviated name for mandatory payments to employees in addition to wages. Aside from wages, employees are entitled to benefits as mandated by law. There are six benefits employees are entitled to:
– SSS (Social Security Systems contribution),
– Philhealth or NHIP (contribution to National Health Insurance Program)
– HDMF or Pag-ibig (contribution to Home Development and Mutual Fund)
– 13th month pay every year,
– service incentive leave,
– meal and rest periods on a working day.
Government Service Insurance System (GSIS)
The third kind of loan is the loan for government employees in the Philippines. This is a loan you can get from GSIS. However, this is not for everybody. It is only available to those who work for the government. Note that a government business loan in the Philippines is not available as of this time. The only kinds of loans you can avail from GSIS (3) are:
- Emergency loan;
- Salary loan;
- Multi-purpose loans.
Also, do not confuse a DBP salary loan for government employees. DBP is a bank that is focused on loans for agriculture and other government projects.
GSIS loan Requirements
Here are the requirements you need to be able to apply for a personal loan for government employees:
– You must be a member for at least one year;
– Payments and contributions must be updated;
– You must have a GSIS card;
– No other loans existing.
If you are applying for a calamity loan, you have to ensure that you live in the vicinity of the declared area of calamity. You must also have no pending administrative or criminal case.
Terms and amounts of GSIS
How much can you loan? The amount that you can borrow really depends on your number of services to the government, and your number of contributions. There is no GSIS loan calculator, but you can borrow between 3 and 14 months’ worth of your monthly salary. The interest rate is 12% per year, with a maximum term of 10 years.
Advantages of GSIS
Here are the advantages of a personal loan for government employees:
- Easy to apply;
- GSIS registration is mandatory, so once you work for the government, you will automatically be a contributor;
- GSIS online application makes it easy to apply for a loan.
Disadvantages of GSIS
The biggest disadvantage, of course, is that you cannot apply for a loan unless you are a government employee. Also, you cannot choose the number of years you want to pay. The length of your term depends on what is called PPP, which is a way for GSIS to calculate your capacity to pay.
Also, you cannot get a loan if you have not been active for at least 20 months. If you lost your job in the government, you could no longer apply for a GSIS loan. Having said this, is there any alternative to government salary in the Philippines?
What to do if I am not allowed to have a government loan?
If you have never been employed, or if you have never made any contribution to any of these government branches, you cannot borrow money. In this case, you need an alternative.
You may think that the best alternative is a bank, but we do not recommend this. Banks have high-interest rates, and you are also not likely to get approved.
The best alternative is Robocash
Robocash is an online facility. It also has physical locations, but you are not required to go there. To get a loan from Robocash, you simply have to meet the following:
• Must be between 21 and 70 years of age
• Must be a Filipino citizen
• Must have a job or source of income
• Must have an active mobile phone
The application process is online, and this is one of the benefits. Another great thing is that you do not have to go to the physical location. Everything is done online. The loan application process can be as short as 24 hours, and the funds will be transferred to your bank account. The great thing about Robocash is that they are not choosy as to who will get a loan. All you need to present is your proof of identity and proof of your capacity to pay.
Once you have these documents ready, you will just have to send the scanned copy in the portal after you fill out the application form. Once you are ready to pay, the payment for your loan is also online.Apply now
- Pag-IBIG Website https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/
- Republic of the Philippines Social Security System https://www.sss.gov.ph/
- Government Service Insurance System https://www.gsis.gov.ph/
MerlynRobocash is the best online lending company. Faster loan to get no more long processing and fill up everything. Thanks.5
JoelRobocash is the very best loan app I had ever applied with. Reliable loan Co. especially in this difficult times. Kudos to the mgt. Keep up the good work and the great service to your clients. Highly recommended. God bless and more power🙏5
Rikkieasy financial assistance with quick cash out andaccessible online payments. I hope there will be special rate n terms for regular customer like myself.4
RollyHi everyone I could recommend this excellent apps coz the agents are approachable and answers the needs in times of emergency. They us give lower interest and loan prolongation in case you could not pay on time. Thanks to them and keep it up. Mabuhay!!!4
KerwinThis app helps me again when I need some financial assistance. It's so easy to make a reloan if you are not a delinquent borrower. Salute to all (ROBOCASH staff) you guys. Thank you again!4