- Citibank is one of the renowned financial institutions in the Philippines.
- Most Filipinos trust the bank and are willing to seek their services.
- However, their loan regulations and fee charge make their loans quite expensive.
- For this reason, we recommend looking for financial aid from Robocash which offers affordable loans.
Citibank Personal Loan and Credit Card Guide
We all want to be financially stable, but the problem is how to achieve it. Whether you seek to start a business or invest in your education, there is a lot that needs to be done. You will need to have a constant cash flow, for starters, which is a problem amid the pandemic. Having lost your job and even getting half pay is so devastating.
Therefore, you need a Citibank Philippines personal loan to give you a boost towards financial freedom. The bank offers loans that are tailored to your needs. Let’s find out what the bank has in store for us!
Citibank Philippines is a branch of Citibank, which was founded in 1812. The Philippines branch was later opened in July 1902, making it the first branch in Manila. Today the bank is considered one of the largest commercial banks in the Philippines. It has about 4,200 employees in the 3 branches that are located in Metro Cebu and Metro Manila.
The main reason why the bank has become the most preferred among Filipinos is the mobile banking service. The service was introduced in 2008 and became famous due to its reliability. The users can check their credit, balance, payment due and amount due without visiting the bank. Furthermore, amid the pandemic, mobile banking services have been considered the best. That’s because one can order products online without setting a foot outside the house. This protects them and their families from being infected by the COVID-19 virus.
On the flipside, you can use your credit card to make payments that are safe and secure. The ATMs are located in the Rockwell center in Manila. The machines can dispense cash in US Dollars or Pesos as well. This makes the bank the most trusted in the country. If you read Citibank personal loan reviews, you will see that Filipinos speak highly of its services and give it high marks.
Citibank Personal Loan
In this section, we are going to discuss in depth what Citibank loan is all about. Let’s break it down.
A. Citibank personal loan requirements
or you to qualify for a loan from the financial provider, certain requirements must be met. They include the following aspects:
1. You must be a Filipino or a foreign resident to be considered eligible;
2. The applicant should be between the ages of 21 and 65 years;
3. You must be either self-employed or employed with a minimum gross income of PHP 250,000. Therefore, your income statement for the last 3 months shall be needed to prove this;
4. You must have a Citi credit card that is at least 6 months old. Or you can have a credit card from other banks, which is at least one-year-old. This enables the bank to check your credit history before the loan is approved;
5. You need to have a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and a government-issued ID.
B. Сitibank personal loan rates
Now that you know what the bank requires from you, it’s vital to check the loan rates. This helps you know what you are getting into. The bank offers the loan at an average annual contractual rate of 26.9%. Though, this an interest which is charged to Citibank customers. However, if you are a non-Citi customer, your loan shall be approved at an annual Сitibank personal loan interest rate of 30.9%. Citibank personal loan calculator for more accurate calculations can be found on the official website.
C. Сitibank personal loan Fees
The bank has also incorporated fees that are levied on their loans. The charges you will come across during your application include:
1. Documentary Stamp Tax (DST): it’s a sum levied on the principal amount. This can be broken down to PHP 1 for PHP 200 of the principal amount.
2. Disbursement Fee: the fee is charged when the cash is sent to your account after the loan is approved. The fee stands at PHP 1,750 for every transaction done.
3. Closure Handling Fee: once the loan has been approved and you choose to settle the debt earlier than the stipulated time, you’ll be required to pay 4% of the remaining balance.
4. Returned Check Fee: the loan repayment method involves the use of post-dated checks. But, if your check bounces, you are expected to pay a fee of PHP 1,500.
5. Monthly Late Charge: the loan comes with a monthly plan, which requires one to deposit cash each month to service their debt. Failures to do so attract a fee of PHP 500 or an interest of 6% of the overdue amount.
6. Effective Interest Rate: it’s an amount that is levied on the total amount of the loan, DST and disbursement fee.
D. How to apply for a Citibank Personal Loan
Applying for a Citibank personal loan is a simple process that takes only a few minutes. The loan application can be done online or even offline. However, we are going to look at the online application procedure, which is much more convenient.
1. Access the main website www.citibank.com, head to Citi Personal Online Application page, and fill out the online form.
2. Once you are done and submitted the Сitibank online loan application, wait for a call from the bank. The call is made within 24 hours to inform you of the loan approval. Though, it’s vital to note the application process might take more than 24 hours, if there is need for additional information. If that is the case, be ready to submit any additional information needed.
3. The bank will then arrange a mode to disburse the funds into your account. But before that is done, you will be required to review and sign the Loan Disclosure Statement (DS).
4. The next step will be preparing your post-dated checks (PDCs) to settle the monthly installments which are indicated in the Disclosure Statement. Remember the Citibank can only release the funds if the DC and PDCs forms have been received.
Citibank Credit Card
According to the bank rules and regulations, you need to have a Citibank credit card for the loan to be approved. Though you might use a credit card from another bank we recommend having the Citibank credit card since it comes with various benefits.
You could use Citibank credit card promo codes to purchase items or services at a reduced price. The Citibank promo codes are mostly available during the festive seasons to make use of them. Now let’s find out what the card is all about.
For your Citibank credit card application to be approved there are certain parameters which must be met. They include:
· Age: for the credit card application to be approved you need be at least 21 years and older. That is the age limit set by the bank.
· Income: your income has to be regular for the card application to be approved. Though the income criteria differ from one card to the other. Therefore, you are required to provide your income statement during the application.
The bank statement should be dated 3 months back. This is an indication that you have a stable and reliable income whether you are self-employed or employed. You are expected to have a minimum income of PHP 180,000 per year. Though this is if you have another credit card. If you have no credit card, you are expected to have a minimum income of PHP 250,000 annually for the application to be approved.
- Nationality: Citibank also checks your nationality before the credit card is approved. You have to be a resident of the Philippines and the bank needs your government-issued ID to prove this.
- An active mobile or landline number is also needed during the application. Plus, a valid TIN, SSS, GSIS or UMID number are required during the application.
Citibank’s interest rates are quoted based on a 30-day period. According to the bank’s policies your interest rate will either increase or decrease depending on the period. The interest is compounded on a monthly basis according to the terms of agreement.
The institution uses the Effective Interest Rate (EIR) which discounts the estimated future cash flow. This is during the loan period. For starters, the Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate stands between 2.00% and 3.50% based on a PHP 20,000 availment. Though the rate is calculated based on the assumption you will pay the minimum amount due 1 day after the statement date. To find out the retail monthly effective interest rate check your monthly income statement.
On the other hand, there is the Monthly Effective Interest Rate for Citi Cash advance stands between 2.04% and 3.63%. This is based on PHP 20,000 inclusive PHP 600 and PHP 200 service fee respectively. The policy is based on the assumption you will make the minimum amount due a day after the statement date.
The institution charges various kinds of fees. Here is a breakdown of some of the fees levied:
- Processing fee: the processing fee stands between PHP 250 and PHP 900 depending on the transaction.
- Disbursement fee: PHP 250 for each transaction.
- Cancellation processing fee: the charge stands at 4% of the transferred cash or pay an amount of PHP 300.
- Monthly late charge: The fee stands at PHP 500.
D. How to apply for a Citibank Credit Card
The application procedure is simple and easy. Here are the steps to follow during the application:
1. Go to the main website www.citibank.com and click on the Credit Card tab.
2. Select the Citi credit card you prefer and click the Apply Now button on the page.
3. Fill in the online form with the needed data and information. This includes your personal details, professional details, address and contact details. Once this is done, go through the application forms to ensure the information given is legit and then forward your application. You will be notified if your application was approved or not within 24 hours.
Where to Pay Citibank Credit Card Bill
If you are wandering where to pay your Citibank credit card bill, you have come to the right place. You can make your Сitibank loan payment online which is more reliable and convenient. To ensure you don’t forget about the payments you can set a monthly automatic payment with the bank. This makes it easier to pay on time. If you have any questions about the payment of the loan, you can call Contact personal loan hotline (632) 8995-9999.
Why Was I Not Approved of the Citibank Loan or Credit Card?
Though the bank is one of the best commercial financial institutions in the country, not all are eligible for their credit cards or even Citibank private loans. If you are wondering why your application never went through here are some of the reasons why:
- You have a bad credit history which makes the bank consider you a high-risk borrower.
- You are not officially employed. For the institution to approve your application you must be employed or self-employed. This is proven by your income statement and TIN number.
- If you are less than 21 years old the application shall be revoked since this is the legal age. Whether you are seeking a credit card or loan you must be within the age limit.
- If your income is less than 250,000 pesos a year, your application shall be automatically revoked. Therefore, ensure you are able to earn PHP 250,000 annually before making the application to increase your chances.
Alternative for Citibank
If you have made a loan application to Citibank and the request was declined there is no need to worry. You can request for a loan from Robocash. This lender provides you with affordable loans at low-interest rates of about 11.9 % to 65.4%. You can request for a minimum amount of PHP 10,000 and maximum of PHP 25,000.
- One must be a Filipino and between the ages of 21-70 years;
- During the application you must provide a valid mobile number;
- Your government-issued ID card will be required during the application;
- For you to qualify for the loan you must be either self-employed or employed.
- Minimal documentation is required;
- The lender provides 24/7 service;
- The loan request is approved within a few minutes;
- No collateral is required.
FredericoOne of the best Loan App, reliable, quick cash disbursement and they also give you alternative plan option to settle your debt, so far I'm satisfied with it 😊👍5
EdcelRobocash is superb to the point of acing clients or customer needs for loan. The free choose of how many days you can pay and the payment extension is beyond compare. Although the interest is quite high but it will really compensate fast-pacing response. The agent were very responding and accomodating! I love Robocash, Happy Chinese New Year ❤️5
JohnRobocash is the best! I just claimed 4000k on my first loan with zero interest, 7 days term! Claimed through Cebuana, Wow! I am now officially Recommending Robocash App.4
AllanFast and reliable. Kudos to this app. Thank you.5
StephenFast and easy to use. Only for emergency for me.4